Here’s my husband’s famous Original Miami Beach Meatloaf
What You Will Need
Strong blender, mixer or food processor – we use the Ninja Kitchen Master
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 2 slices of cooked smoked bacon
- 5 medium white mushrooms
- 1 large egg
- splash of water (optional)
- 1 tsp of salt
- sprinkle of oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- sprinkle of taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 6 splashes of French’s Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 6 saltines
- 2 tbsp Hunts Ketchup
- 3/4 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Orange Blossom Honey
- Set up your mixer as required. We used setting one and the largest bowl attachment with knife blades.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Chop the onion in half and add to the mixer bowl. Blend for 10 secs or until onion finely chopped.
- Add mushrooms and blend for 20 secs.
- Remove knife attachment and replace with dough hook for kneading.
- Add 1/3rd of the ground beef, egg, saltines, bacon and seasoning. Mix together for 1 min on setting one until the ingredients are combined and you get a smooth liquid substance.
- Add another 1/3rd of the meat and continue mixing. Repeat until all the meat has been combined for approx 2 minutes.
- Check consistency and add small amounts of water if necessary
- Using a spatula add the mixture to a tray or foil container to fit the size of your meatloaf. Your meatloaf should be 1.5″/2″ thick.
- Cook in middle shelf for 30 mins
- While your meatloaf is cooking prepare the topping.
- Combine tomato ketchup, dijon mustard and honey together in a small bowl
Remove the meatloaf from the oven after 30 mins and add the topping evenly over the meatloaf.
Return the meatloaf to the oven and cook for a further 20/30 mins or until fully cooked.
Serve hot with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Total Cook time 50/60 mins
5 thoughts on “The Original Miami Beach Meatloaf”
It certainly was 🙂
This is just a bit different than how I make it. I have never used a mixer. Never thought to. I add everything that you do and carrots and celery as well. I cut them very small.
I like the color they add. For the topping I make it like you do or I add BBQ.
I am sharing this. Hugs Sarah
Thank you so much that’s so nice of you 🙂 Always nice to play around with other ingredients – thanks for the tips and have fun with the mixer it makes life so much easier 🙂