First of all lets tackle that big question – what is the correct spelling?
You may know it already but I have spotted so many different ones on manufacturer’s packaging, restaurant menus and even in the supermarket that it’s hard to know for sure.
Apparently this is the correct spelling
a thick paste or spread made from ground chickpeas and sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon, and garlic, made originally in the Middle East.
Now we have that cleared up…lets make some Homemade Hummus to tantalize your tastebuds and play with that blender again 🙂
Once you have the basic recipe you can add or remove ingredients to suit your taste. Just add a bit of olive oil or water if the mixture is too thick. Have fun.
There are lots of ways to serve Hummus – warm pita bread, carrot sticks, veg – how do you serve yours?
Here’s my husband’s famous Original Miami Beach Meatloaf
What You Will Need
Strong blender, mixer or food processor – we use the Ninja Kitchen Master
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 2 slices of cooked smoked bacon
- 5 medium white mushrooms
- 1 large egg
- splash of water (optional)
- 1 tsp of salt
- sprinkle of oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- sprinkle of taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 6 splashes of French’s Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 6 saltines
- 2 tbsp Hunts Ketchup
- 3/4 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Orange Blossom Honey
- Set up your mixer as required. We used setting one and the largest bowl attachment with knife blades.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Chop the onion in half and add to the mixer bowl. Blend for 10 secs or until onion finely chopped.
- Add mushrooms and blend for 20 secs.
- Remove knife attachment and replace with dough hook for kneading.
- Add 1/3rd of the ground beef, egg, saltines, bacon and seasoning. Mix together for 1 min on setting one until the ingredients are combined and you get a smooth liquid substance.
- Add another 1/3rd of the meat and continue mixing. Repeat until all the meat has been combined for approx 2 minutes.
- Check consistency and add small amounts of water if necessary
- Using a spatula add the mixture to a tray or foil container to fit the size of your meatloaf. Your meatloaf should be 1.5″/2″ thick.
- Cook in middle shelf for 30 mins
- While your meatloaf is cooking prepare the topping.
- Combine tomato ketchup, dijon mustard and honey together in a small bowl
Remove the meatloaf from the oven after 30 mins and add the topping evenly over the meatloaf.
Return the meatloaf to the oven and cook for a further 20/30 mins or until fully cooked.
Serve hot with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Total Cook time 50/60 mins